Termite infections are spreading nationwide widely and not even getting discovered easily and if you get any indication then should quickly ensure to prevent any further damage from occurring. If you notice any of the signs of termite presence and activity such as mud tubes, or bubbling paint or if you are outdoors and physically see the termite nest of ants that appear white in color there are a few simple things you can do to minimize the risk of spread. All effective termite treatment methods work for finding live termites and tricking them into bringing poison to their attacked area and killing the whole network of termites in one go.
Finding termites in your property is not a big reason to be worried about just asking a qualified termite specialist as quickly as possible and you substantially reduce the risk of termite long-term damage to your home. If you noticed small piles of wood dust accumulated under your sofa then this is surely a cause of termite presence. Once they invade your home and start feeding on the foundation of your house it becomes really difficult to get rid of these little beasts, especially because of their minuscule size and the larger group they found in. Keep doing frequent inspection of the house to check any of the signs for the presence of termites.
Here is some best termite treatment that you should follow to prevent termites from spreading and to get ensure that the treatment works successfully:
1. Get rid of the moisture inside your house -
- Moisture is one of the main reasons that attract all kinds of insects and termites into your home.
- Getting rid of excess moisture can help you in keeping termites away.
- If you live in humid surroundings then investing in dehumidifiers can help.
- Especially in summers, you can use the air conditioner periodically during the day to maintain a cool temperature in the house and remove excess moisture.
2. Urgently fix all the leakage issues present in the house -
- Whether you have hired professionals for a termite inspection before any treatment is important to carry out a decluttering in your house.
- Pay special attention to useless boxes or wastes since these can provide a great environment for termites to hide in it.
- If one of your rooms has been attacked by termites make sure to take the stuff out including furniture stored in that room to other parts of your house that are not affected by the termites by a further increase in it.
4. Maintain a distance between soil and wooden area-
- If you have a huge garden surrounding your house then make sure that there is some distance between the soil and wood.
- Most experts suggested that at least an eighteen-inch distance is important.
- This will help to deactivate any attack from termites on the foundation of your home and the furniture.
- You can use stones or cement to separate the area between the soil from the wooded area to create a physical barrier for termites.
5. Use borate on the wooden part -
- Borate used as one of the most popular termite repellents and you can spray borate on wood as a base before doing priming and painting over it.
- This chemical gets soaks into the wood and helps essentially to prevent termite’s attack upon the home.
- Once this termite spray gets dry you can prime and paint it normally and use it to make window frames, doors, furniture, etc.
- This borate spray is strong enough to repel termites for too long.
6. Place affected things in the Sun -
- If you find that termites are damaging a piece of furniture, place it in direct sunlight for at least a few days.
- This termite protection strategy can work well in summer since termites cannot stand the heat.
- By keeping the infected furniture in the sun, the heat will kill the termites and remove moisture from the furniture preventing chances of re-infection due to it.
- The smart thing here would be to keep the furniture dust free and use an anti-termite spray on it before bringing it back into the house.
- After termite control treatment, you can easily maintain your house better by cleaning your furniture regularly.
It does not mean that so long as the previous homeowner has taken up an anti-termite treatment or you have previously engaged termite treatment services for your home, your property is safe from termites. Termites' invasion can enter through the various sources of entry and also get increased through home activities and lifestyle may influence a problem infestation.
Exposing your furniture to direct sunlight can eliminate termites due to the heat emission and dehydrating any possible area exposure to the moisture in which termites thrive.
Also Read Frequently Asked Questions about Pest Control Services and Termite Treatment